Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunflowers!?

Good morning sunshine! 

Before I get to card four [CFC134 challenge wakes me in the night!] I wanted to share a photo of Tom's babies. He orders a new batch of Colossal Sunflower seeds nearly every year, starts them in the cellar in March under lights, to transplant in May.  Not only these but, Zinnias, Spider flowers, Tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and others.  It looks like a jungle down there by May. 


The flower heads are just beginning to open, so I expect you might get another shot of them later on... IF I get to them before the finches do =/  Tom is six feet tall!  They are planted just on the edge of the woods... the deer have nibbled a little. And, yes, we do have beanstalks!

On to the card...

               Selective embossing and MME DP - dots. SSS Fog CS and sentiment - gray.  PTI twine.
Tic. Tac. Toe!
 
[Look closely. Just one of Tom's trip t-shirts - Austin, MN - home of SPAM!!]


8 comments:

Ardyth said...

Beautiful colours! Love that partial embossing, too!

Barb said...

I was just playing with grays too! :) I love the pop of orange you've added, Michele! This is such a beautifully designed card!

And yay for t-shirts from Minnesota! Although, I sure hope we're known for more than just spam! Lol!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous sunflowers!
I LOVE your card!

Anita in France said...

Stunning, Michele ... love the pop of bright orange against the gorgeous subtle greys! Anita :)

Taunya Butler said...

This is an excellent card showcasing how lovely gray can be!! Love how you added some color but made the gray the showcase!! It is a gorgeous card and shows our knack for adding important details!! What a beauty!!

Jingle said...

I really love this! The grey and orange are fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

donna mikasa said...

Ooh, this is so pretty! Partial embossing? Must give that a try!
And I can see the inspiration from your garden! Wowza on those sunflowers!

itsallrosi said...

loving all the texture here!

Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!